YouTube videos are the go-to source of information for most people around the world. YouTube is also the most-accessed website in the world because anyone with a smartphone probably has the YouTube app installed on it.
Whether you’re growing your own YouTube channel or simply uploading videos to save your memories, the YouTube app on the iPhone makes it VERY easy to do.
In this post, we’ll take a look at how to upload a video to YouTube from iPhone using the YouTube app and the Photos app.
How to upload a video to youtube from iPhone (YouTube app)
The official YouTube app is the best way to to upload video from your iPhone.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap the YouTube icon on your phone to open up the app
- Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the app
- You’ll be asked to record a new video and go live or to select an existing video to upload
- Enter a video title and a description
- Edit your video if needed
- You can add music from YouTube’s library
- You can add a filter to your video to give it an effect
- You can trim your video as needed
- Tap the upload button
It’s really as easy as that!
In case you’ve edited your video in another app and it’s ready to upload, you can just select the video from the YouTube app.
How to upload a video to YouTube from iPhone’s photos app
While not as full-featured as YouTube itself, the photos app on the iPhone can also be used to upload videos to YouTube.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone
- Tap to open the video you want to upload
- Tap the Share icon in the bottom right
- From the choices that pop up, choose YouTube
- Here, you’ll be asked to sign into your YouTube account if you’ve not already done so
- Add the title and description
- Tap upload
Can a YouTube video be longer than 15 minutes?
In order to upload a YouTube video longer than 15 minutes, you will need to verify your YouTube account/YouTube channel using an SMS.
How to upload videos to YouTube with full quality
Becuase you’re uploading video from a mobile device, YouTube automatically changes the video format to a slightly lower quality to save on data.
If you’d like to upload videos with as little quality loss as possible, follow these instructions:
- Open YouTube’s app on your iPhone
- Tap your user profile in the top right to open the menu
- Tap settings
- Find the “Upload Quality” setting
- Choose “Full Quality”
Now, when you upload videos to YouTube, the quality will be much higher.
It’s fairly easy to upload videos to YouTube from an iPhone. YouTube makes it super easy for creators to create and share new content at the touch of a button.