When you think about getting an action camera, you are probably thinking about spending several hundreds of dollars. However, it is possible to get the best action camera under 100 dollars!
Of course, not all action cameras under 100 are good, so it is important to check their features and reviews. If you don’t feel like spending hours searching for the best action camera under 100 dollars, then be sure to take full advantage of the options we have picked out for you today!
Which Is The Best Cheap Action Camera?
There are a remarkable number of options where actions cameras are concerned. As such, the answer to this question will depend heavily on your requirements. Below, we have listed some of the best action cameras under 100, so be sure to have a look at those if you want to save big on your next action cam.
1. The AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera
AKASO is a brand that provides some of the most affordable action cameras under 100 dollars, but without compromising on the features you need for good action photography. One of their cameras that delivers great action photography and so much more is the AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera.
The AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera is equipped with a 2-inch touch screen. The IPS display enables you to control anything from camera settings to your previews, yet remains remarkably compact.
One of the main features that contributes to good image quality is image stabilization, and this is especially the case for action photography. Fortunately this 4K action camera is equipped with an outstanding image stabilization feature, ensuring the video results remain smooth and professional.
When you choose the AKASO as your action camera, you can also count on built-in Wi-Fi. From your wireless connection, you can download the iSmart DV app, which in turn makes a connection with your tablet or phone for instant sharing.
Finally, even though this camera is available for a ridiculously low price, you also get a bunch of mounting accessories and a wireless remote control that fits around your wrist. With it. you can easily operate your camera. Evidently, this is quite advantageous for all your action-packed sports.
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO EK7000: AKASO EK7000 Pro action camera delivers 4K/30fps, 1080P/60fps videos and 20 MP photos that capture every moment in crisp detail and unparalleled clarity.
- INTUITIVE UI DESIGN: Ultra 2 inch IPS touch screen shows everything crystal clearly and brightly, easy to change settings, switch shooting modes, preview and playback footage.
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: Built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) delivers steady and smooth videos. AKASO EK7000 Pro sports camera ensures excellent experience in shooting fast-moving objects.
- WATERPROOF CAMERA UP TO 131FT: Equipped with the upgraded waterproof case, this underwater camera can deep dive up to 131 feet, ready to capture all details of your adventures. Ideal for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, snorkeling, etc.
- ADJUSTABLE VIEW ANGLE: You can set the view angle of this action camera depending on your needs between super wide, wide, medium and narrow. It's easier to hit someone with low angle. With high angle you can see more.
2. VanTop Moment 4
If you are looking for versatility with your action camera, then you could select the VanTop Moment 4. As you may expect from this overview of affordable action cameras already, this action cam is packed with countless features.
With the VanTop Moment 4, you get high quality 4K video for only a fraction of the normal price. This 4K action camera comes with electronic image stabilization and has a decent battery life. Like most action cameras, this option also comes with adjustable viewing angles, which proves very beneficial for most action cameras and accompanying action shots.
In addition to the basic features, the VanTop Moment 4 action camera also provides great protection against water and dust. In fact, this is one of the best action cameras for diving, as it is water-resistant up to a depth of 30 metres (100 ft).
The VanTop Moment 4 action camera also comes with Sony 4K TrueDepth Camera technology. What this means is that you can record 4K video for longer, while the chip set prevents the action camera from overheating.
3. Victure AC700 4K Action Camera
The Victure is also among our overview of best action cameras under 100 dollars. It is not difficult to see why though, as this 4K video action camera comes with a waterproof case that protects the camera up to a depth of 40 metres (130 ft). In other words, this is a great 4K action camera for anyone who goes diving regularly.
It is also important to know that the Victure comes with an in helmet camera feature, which includes a microphone. So, if you want the sound to be picked up while you are doing an action-packed sport, the Victure will not let you down.
Like most of the other cameras mentioned in this overview of best action cameras, the Victure come with its own wireless connection. It also has a remote control, which can be worn around the wrist. And with a range of 10 metres, this camera is as versatile as they come.
4. APEMAN A79 4K Action Camera
Many people who love skiing pick the APEMAN A79 4K Action Camera for all their action shots. This action camera enables you to take 20MP photo with EIS/ISO and an advanced sensor. And that all for only a fraction of the price compared to other action cameras!
When you choose the APEMAN action camera, you can count on some additional microphone and other accessories to accompany your action shots. The APEMAN action camera also comes with a multi-recording modes. In other words, this action camera can provide you slow motion, burst, selfies, loop recordings and so much more.
While the APEMAN does come with some similar features compared to the other best action cameras in our list, it does stand out because of its outstanding audio capabilities. Don’t be fooled! This may be one of the action cameras under 100 dollars, but that does not mean it does not provide some of the best audio for action cameras. Check it out! You won’t be disappointed.
5. Crosstour Upgraded CT8500
The Crosstour CT8500 is one of the cheapest action cameras in this overview, but it still packs a hell of a punch. So, let’s take a look at the features this affordable camera comes with.
With the Crosstour, you have instant access to 4K ultra resolution. The camera provides outstanding video and electronic image quality, this through the combination of 4K and 20MP. The lens that comes with this action camera also has a wide angle of 170 degrees, which means the wide angle allows you to get in all your surroundings.
The Crosstour can be connected with a 2.5mm external microphone. The design of the Crosstour ensures that the external microphone can capture video sound from all directions, providing crisper and clear audio for your video footage.
Consumers can also count on an amazing battery life coupled with good connectivity. The camera has built-in wireless, which means you can easily download their Live DV application and share your captured moments instantly. You also have the accompanying remote control to manage this feature.
Like our previous lower price option, this camera also comes with various modes; this includes the popular burst photo mode, slow motion and time lapse. The battery life of this device remains unaffected by the mode you use. So, if you prefer shooting in slow motion, then the battery life will remain as normal if you turn this mode on.
When you choose a memory card for the Crosstour CT8500, the manufacturer recommends a 8-64GB class 10 SD memory card. The manufacturer also recommends formatting your memory card before using it in the camera.
6. COOA Action Camera
This brand may not be as known as our previous options, but it is still a decent option to mention in our overview. In fact, this particular option has quite the battery capacity and comes with some amazing features that are almost too unbelievable considering the lower price.
The feature the COOA is best-known for its amazing time lapse recording capabilities. Finding a good time lapse recorder can be difficult when you are buying one for a lower price, but this is no problem for the COOA.
In addition to outstanding time lapse recording and a good battery life, the COOA can easily be attached to a helmet, a bicycle or any other area that is most convenient to you. It can also be connected to a 1.48 microphone cable, ensuring you get all the audio you need while you are doing your activities.
We must mention that the COOA received quite the battery upgrade as well. Even though this camera is available for a lower price, you can count on 2 upgraded 1200mAh rechargeable batteries. In other words, you can keep recording without having to pay an astronomical high price for a camera.
- 【Ultra HD 4K 20MP Action Camera】- This action camera adopts the newest upgraded chip, 7 layers of optical glass lens which bring ultra HD 4K videos and 20MP photos. Featuring rich video resolution: 4K/30FPS（others only 25FPS）, 2.7K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS, 720P/120FPS and so on, the sport cam will definitely offer you all vivid and incredible footage.
- 【EIS Stabilization and 40M Waterproof】- Smart anti-shake program is embedded in the chip. Therefore video fluency and stability are greatly improved when you do some extreme sports, such as parachute jumping, skiing, playing ball, etc. Made of upgraded durable material, the case improves the waterproof level from 30M to 40M. Just enjoy scenery in deeper underwater world.
- 【Built-in and External Microphone】- Comes with external microphone which helps a lot in places where there is much noise or it is inconvenient to collect sound, such as skiing, cycling and so on. 170° wide angle enables the camera to record more while shooting scenery or important moments.
- 【Remote Control plus Wi-Fi】- You are able to control your camera remotely from 10 meters away with the remote control. Red button for photo taking and gray button for video recording. You do not need to hold the camera in your hands any longer. After downloading the App LIVE DV on your smart phone (iOS/Android) or tablet, you can control the camera on your devices, including changing settings, taking pictures, recording videos and downloading files.
- 【Various Functions to Meet your needs】- This camera almost covers all the functions that you need or you can imagine. For example, loop recording, time lapse recording, slow motion, self-timer, burst photo, screen saver, upside down, white balance and so on. We also have professional after sales team to serve you. Any doubt or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
7. Neewer G1
So, let’s talk about the Neewer G1, because we really have too! The Neewer G1 is one of those cameras that is available with an almost endless amount of accessories. And, since versatility is important for your action shots, it places the Neewer G1 steadily in our list of best action camera options.
The accessories that are available for the Neewer G1 are so diverse, you will have trouble finding a location where you cannot mount or attach your camera too. There is a helmet accessory, car mount, bike mount, flexible tripods, chest mounts, and even a special floating accessory that enables you to keep the action camera just under the water. So, you will have a difficult time finding any other camera that provides such an extensive range of accessoires, especially in a lower price range.
When you choose the Neewer, you can download a dedicated app to share your captured video and photographs. Neewer uses the Ez iCam App, which can be installed on most operating systems and on Android phones. The app has good connectivity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels. So, you can share all your recordings no matter where you are.
While the Neewer bundle is available under 100 already, you can get this camera even cheaper by just obtaining the camera without the accessories. In other words, even those with an incredibly low budget looking for a decent action camera can benefit from the Neewer G1 and get some amazing results in return.
- KIT INCLUDES: (1) Action Camera; (1) Waterproof Housing; (1) Protective Backdoor; (1) Back Clip, (1) Battery; (1) USB Cable; (1) Handled Bar/Pole Mount; (4)Bandage Tether Strape; (1) Lens Cleaning Cloth; (1) Adhesive Mount; (4)Ribbon; (1) Wire Cable; (3) Switch Support; (1) Base Buckle; (3) Mount Adapter; (1) 50-in-1 Action Camera Accessory Kit
- 4K ACTION CAMERA: Professional 4K/25FPS, 2.7K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS, 1080P/30fps video and 16MP photo resolution created by high-tech sensor to capture exciting moment for you
- WIFI SPORTS CAMERA: Just download the XDV App on your iOS or Android phone and connect with this action camera. It lets you control your camera remotely. Share the picture and video on social media. WiFi signal ranges up to 98 feet
- MULTIPLE MODES: Driving mode, continuous shooting (3 Photos), time-lapse, loop recording(4K/2K NOT Support), image rotation, exposure; You can bring it to more applicable conditions beyond your expectation; Nondeformable fish-eye lens, large display enable the impressive and vivid images
- 50-in-1 ACTION CAMERA ACCESSORY: Convenient, lightweight and portable, easy to store; Suitable for all kinds of cameras, digital cameras, web cameras and camcorders; Every accessory is designed to be very durable and will not be easily broken
8. Campark X20
If you are looking for one action camera that combines the most desirable features and masters them all, then you should take a thorough look at the Campark X20. The Campark X20 has lots to offer, but these features stood out for us most.
The Campark X20 enables 4K video recording of 3840 x 2160 at 30fps. On top of that, you can count on 20MP photo, which is considered the most advantageous for action-packed video and photography.
To ensure the Campark X20 is easy to transport, the manufacturers kept the body of this cam as small as possible. That does not mean there aren’t any technical and advanced features though, as the Campark provides in intuitive 2 inch touch screen. The screen enables you to play around with previews and allows playback whenever you want it. With the interface, you can gain access to camera menu and settings too, which make the overall set up considerably easier.
Like most action cameras, the Campark X20 comes with outstanding EIS technology. As action shots include lots of movement, your camera must be able to capture smooth video and photographs in various conditions.
Another interesting feature you can expect with this jam-packed camera is a continuous shooting mode. By pressing the simple shutter button, you can shot several photos in quick succession. With this camera, you can choose between three, five and ten photos in quick succession. Evidently, this can create some fun results.
The Campark X20 comes with two 1050mAh batteries too, which can be recharged. The recording time for each of the batteries is 90 minutes for 1080p or 60 minutes for 4K/2K video.
Finally, the Campark X20 comes with a wrist-operated remote control. The remote control has a 2.4GHz frequency and is great for those action group photos.
Please note that the Campark X20 has some resistance against water, but is not waterproof. If you are looking for a camera you can dive with, head over to some of the other options in this overview, which can have a waterproof protection up to 130 ft.
9. EKEN H9R
The EKEN H9R is a relative newcomer in the world of action video and photography, but it can certainly not be ignored. Like the other camera options in our overview, the EKEN H9R is packed with useful features and available for a very low price.
Consumers who own an Apple operating system should especially consider the EKEN H9R; this because the camera allows lifestreaming from anywhere and at anytime. The livestream can be done to both YouTube and Facebook, which allows you to share your most impressive moments with the world with just a push of a button.
The EKEN H9R also comes with those much-wanted features for action cameras; this includes a wide angle lens of 170 degrees, a high frame rate video mode, burst photo mode and time lapse mode.
While all the features of the EKEN H9R are impressive, one of the most interesting features is the presence of quickly charging batteries. The camera comes with two 1050 mAh batteries, which charge fully in as little as two hours. Since most of these batteries take some time to charge, this feature could be interesting for many people.
- Share your story instantly --With NEW Live Streaming function(Only available on Apple iOS). Stream worldwide via Facebook and YouTube, share all your fun activities and extreme sports with the EKEN H9R action camera.
- Built-in WiFi & HDMI output—Edit and share your sports action camera actions as soon as it’s recorded with the App EZ iCam. WiFi signal ranges up to 33 feet. HDMI output is supported, which means you can preview videos or see real-time display on the TV with a HDMI cable.
- Waterproof housing up to 100 feet—The waterproof case of action camera is designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions. This helmet camera is wearable and mountable: enables immersive capture during your favourite activities like, surfing, diving, snorkeling, biking, and driving.
- 2 inch LCD FHD Display—High quality display for video or photo playback. Get the full spectrum of the features with easy setting adjustments, you can do it all on your 4K waterproof action camera.
- FREE ACTION CAMERA ACCESSORIES: This underwater camera comes with an action camera tripod, 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries, remote control and 14 action camera accessories; the mounts are compatible with most action cameras, including Gopro.
10. Xiaomi YDXJ01FM
The Xiaomi may look a little more plain compared to the other cameras in this overview, but don’t be fooled, there are plenty of features to take advantage of. The camera provides 4K 30fps recording and provides high-resolution photos of 3840 x 2160.
One of the most interesting features of this camera are the flexible settings that are possible with this compact little camera. The various settings even allow you to take good quality photographs in lower light environments. Obviously, you can also count on additional features such as multi-recording, slow motion, burst, and time-lapse recordings.
Another interesting feature about the Xiaomi is its low weight of 3.49 ounces and 2.4 inch screen. The battery is also considerably better than some other action cameras, as the Xiaomi battery provides up to two hours of of 4K footage.
When you choose this particular model, you can count on an Ambarella A12S75 chip as well. The chip can provide better quality photos as well as recorded footage. With the chip, you also have access to the Image Sensor Pipeline or ISP. This nifty little features reduces any 3D photo noise and can correct lens distortion. It also comes with the Sony Sensor, which is known to provide excellent results even in lower light conditions. For a lower priced camera, this option packs a serious punch!
Finally, the Xiaomi also provides you a 7-element lens. With features such as low dispersion and an additional UV coating on the lens, transmittance is improved greatly. In fact, the lens could rival some of the more expensive camera models out there. In other words, the Xiaomi is definitely proof that you do not have to pay several hundreds of dollars to get a great action camera.
- 【Vivid Interpretation】Xiaomi Mi 4K Camera records 4k/30fps, 1080p/100fps, 720p/200fps video, and 8MP raw images with a build-in IMX317 image sensor( 1. 62um/single-pixel point) from Sony and Ambarella chip A12S75; Equipped with Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) can capture super-smooth footage at 4k/30fps, to ensure excellent experience in shooting fast-moving objects
- 【Non-stop Shooting】High capacity 1450mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery records up to 120mins of 4K/30fps video with a single charge. Without the battery, use Mi Power Bank Pro 10000mAh to power up the camera via USB port. High performing cooling system prevents Mi 4K Action Camera of overheating and enables stable video recording
- 【Intuitive Touchscreen】Built-in 2. 4” high responsive LCD touchscreen with 960x480 high resolution for easy setting, previewing and shooting. The touchscreen is made with Gorilla Glass Retina to resist scratches and daily impact
- 【Instant Sharing】Built-in 4. 1 Bluetooth and high speed 5GHz/2. 4GHz WiFi support for wireless remote control and the Mi Home App for instant photo and video editing, sharing and live streaming to social media
- 【Advanced Features】Flexible settings of ISO/WB/SHUTTER/EV/METER for 12MP raw file help you produce high-quality images even in low-light condition; Multi record/capture modes, including time-lapse, slow-motion, burst, etc, get more creative and fun
What Is The Best Alternative To GoPro?
The GoPro is undoubtedly one of the best high quality action cameras out there. However, that quality is accompanied by quite the high price tag, which is usually unaffordable for young sports enthusiasts who want some fun snaps of their hobby.
There are some alternatives to the GoPro camera. However, if we have to choose the best action camera under 100 dollars, we would choose the AKASO Brave 4.
The AKASO Brave 4
When you want the best action camera under 100 dollars, the AKASKO Brave 4 might meet your requirements. Being one of the most affordable action cameras that is also waterproof, let us take a look at what this option has to offer.
With the AKASO Brave 4, it is possible to capture 4K video at 24fps and 2K video at 30fps. Being a 4K action camera, you also want some image stabilization, which you can receive with this option. The view angle of this camera can be adjusted between 70 degrees and 170 degrees. It also contains a special gyroscope, which provides image stabilization and makes your overall results a lot smoother.
When you choose the AKASO Brave 4, you also have the option to edit and share any taken video or photographs immediately. You can connect the AKASO Brave 4 to your tablets and phones with a wireless connection. It is also possible to hook this action cam up to your computer with its dedicated USB cable.
Still, one of the most interesting features about the AKASO Brave 4 is that it is completely waterproof. With the AKASO Brave 4, you can dive up to 30 metres. It even has a diving mode setting, enabling you to filter out any red light you encounter underwater. That’s amazing for an action camera that costs less than 100 dollars!
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO EK7000: Featuring 4K/24fps, 2K/30fps and 1080P/60FPS video resolution and 20MP photos, AKASO Brave 4 action camera enables you to take incredible photos and ultra HD videos, clearly recording the beauty and wonders in life!
- OPTIONAL VIEW ANGLE AND ANTI-SHAKING: Adjust the view angle of this action camera according to your needs between 170°, 140°, 110°, and 70°. Built in smart gyroscope for anti-shaking and image stabilization to make your video much more smooth.
- SPORTS CAMERA WITH WIFI AND HDMI: Sharing & editing videos from an action camera is easier with the free app. Just download the App on your phone or tablet and connect with this action camera. Wi-Fi signal ranges up to 10 meters. With HDMI Port allows you to connect it with television.
- 100FT WATERPROOF CAMERA AND 2'' IPS SCREEN: Place your action camera into the waterproof case and securely fasten it, then you can dive below 30 meters. This underwater camera is ideal for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, etc. 2'' IPS screen allows you to preview the video in action camera.
- FREE VALUABLE ACCESSORIES: This underwater camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries, remote control wristband and 19 accessories kit, the kits are available for most kinds of camera even Gopro. Each battery can record up to 90 minutes. The remote wristband is not waterproof.
What To Remember When Choosing A Camera Under 100 Dollars
Purchasing a camera is always accompanied by checking a lot of features, no matter what your budget is. However, the features that are needed for an action camera are quite specific, so you can easily narrow down your options. As a summary, here are the features you must be looking at for your lower price action camera.
- Electronic image stabilization: This is an absolute must for action cameras. If electronic image stabilization is not present, your video can turn out really blurry and unclear. So, even if you purchase a camera for a lower price, make sure this feature is always present first.
- 4K: Since 4K has been out for a while, you can get some lower price cameras that are equipped with this feature. So, be sure your camera has some 4K video capabilities.
- Good battery life: Nothing is as frustrating as running out of battery when you have some amazing photographs or video to take. Fortunately, even lower price camera options have good battery capacity these days. That being said, there can be some options with limited battery life, so always check the battery capabilities to ensure they meet your standards.
- Waterproof: An action camera is bound to be used in the outdoors, so a waterproof property will be essential. If you have found an amazing camera without a waterproof property, you can acquire a waterproof case for it. Just make sure that there is a matching waterproof case for that brand and check to what extend the waterproof case provides protection.
- Remote control: An action camera must take video and photographs at all times, even when you are in the midst of your action-packed hobby. Therefore, take the stress of video and photo capturing away with a good remote control. Even lower price cameras provide such options these days, with most remote controls worn around the wrist.
Now that we have described some essential and useful features for lower price action cameras, you are ready to make your purchase. However, remember to look for some of your preferred personal features too, so you can find an outstanding camera that fits your personal needs perfectly.