Today, my brother will marry his long time love, Katie. I have considered her my sister for years already, but I feel so blessed to be here in Santa Barbara to celebrate with them as they finally make it official. Katie makes Brooks so unbelievably happy, and surely that joy will only continue to blossom as they continue to grow together. Congratulations to my dear brother and my new sister, I love you both so much!
Category archives: marriage
Hello Chasing Heartbeats readers! I’m so honored that Ashley asked me to contribute while she is off getting married. I don’t know about you, but I follow Ashley’s pinboards, and the girl’s got style! I just can’t wait to see her wedding; I know it will be stunning.
As a newlywed myself, and just a general fan of love, I thought share a few little things I’ve learned over the past 11 months since our nuptials. Some thoughts, if you will, from me to you…
1. Get some bikes and bike together often. Because it’s such a fun way to explore.
2. Start new traditions together. We enjoy to making nutella crepes on Saturday mornings. Yum.
3. Speaking of food, always keep an emergency frozen pizza on hand. Because you never know when extreme hunger will strike.
4. Try to do some things for each other that the other person doesn’t enjoy. For instance, hubs hates doing the laundry, so (for the most part) I do it. In the same way, I don’t enjoy cooking, so hubs usually makes dinner. It keeps us balanced and thankful.
5. Travel. No matter how “broke” you are, make it a habit to take vacations together early on, whether big or small. We’re running out of vacation days ourselves, but I’m still so excited to take a little long weekend up north for our first anniversary. : )
What do you think? What are your thoughts about your marriages or relationships? I’d love to hear!
Thanks so much for having me, Ashley! xoxo
(Photo one and two by lazareria valeria, design by Colleen Ludovice of Inspired to Share)